First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Senior Business Analyst interacts between the business users and the technical organization involved in planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems. The Analyst supports multiple lines of businesses on projects building and improving the data infrastructure around loans and deposits. They build technical specifications that ensures the business receives the right data sets for analytics, internal and external reporting.
What you'll be doing as a Senior Business Analyst:
•Performing data analysis and design activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level in an enterprise data warehouse.
• Collaborating with management to ensure timely and successful issue resolution
• Providing new capabilities and driving value from existing capabilities
• Coordinating the efforts of internal and external technical and nontechnical staff, and of key users in the support of existing data
• Works with the business to come up with technical solutions for data projects
• Define and document business and functional requirements
• Develop reporting and BI proto-types with the goal of industrialization in a controlled environment
• Engage and direct business partners and subject matter experts to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems
• Manage and perform complex business and systems analysis
• Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
• Engage technical development team members to transition requirements to design, and to determine appropriate design approach
• Plan and execute system testing and user acceptance testing
• Serve as a subject matter expert and visionary for the business community and technical teams
• Project planning and management of business team deliverables
• Attends meetings as required.
• Supporting production reporting systems.
• Perform other duties when assigned.
• Adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act etc.)
• Adhering to Bank policies and procedures
You could be a great fit if you have:
• 10+ years of business and data analysis experience in the implementation of data marts and other data related solutions
• 5+ years of banking or financial services industry experience in the domain of loans, deposits, brokerage and wealth management
• 3+ years of experience in the delivery of regulatory or risk reporting solutions in banking or financial services industry
• Good SQL skills to analyze, profile data and build report prototypes before handing over to ETL team
• Interface with business and understanding business requirements and existing systems to deliver reporting and dashboard solutions
• Work with onsite and offshore vendor partners in the execution of data projects
• UAT Test Cases and Scripts experience to test the roll out of different phases of the data mart
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.