First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business.
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
As a team, the Director of Credit Risk and Credit Risk Officer are responsible for identifying, measuring, assessing and monitoring credit risks across the Bank, and ensuring appropriate risk controls and responses. Monitor and maintain the enterprise Credit Risk Management Framework, Risk Appetite Statement metrics, and Key Risk Indicators and associated dashboards.
1. Participate in the process of developing and refreshing risk inventories and maintaining documentation within risk inventory templates
2. Assist in ongoing credit related risk control self-assessment (“RCSA”) process
3. Work with Credit Risk Officer and other credit staff to identify and document Key Risk Indicators (“KRI”) and Risk Appetite Statement Metrics (“RAS”). Maintain an inventory of identified RAS metrics and KRIs and analyze ways to convert them into meaningful and useful data.
4. Develop and maintain external data sources useful for managing credit risk and developing associated dashboards.
5. Participate as a non-voting member in Special Assets Committee (“SAC”) to observe trends in the portfolio.
6. Participate as a voting member of Credit Enterprise Risk Management (“CERM”) committee meetings
7. Lead the process management related to third party loan review, and regulatory reviews including sample selection, analyzing, summarizing, and prioritizing review findings
8. Responsible for ensuring all logistical matters related to audits, exams, and loan reviews are performed
9. Review credit risk dashboards and other reports to identify and escalate trends to the Credit Risk Officer
10. Maintain tracking system in Archer for credit-related risk issue action plans in response to self-identified and regulatory loan review and internal audit findings
11. Prepare presentations materials for Bank Enterprise Risk Management (“BERM”) and Directors Enterprise Risk Management (“DERM”) committee and Board of Directors meetings.
12. Work with the Credit Risk Officer, CCO, and CRO to assess and establish credit approval authorities for the Bank. As these authorities are updated maintain the Bank’s credit approval matrix
13. Work closely with the RO can CCO on continuous portfolio monitoring and risk analysis
14. Management responsibilities of Credit Risk Analyst
15. Special projects as needed
DISCLAIMER: Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: