As a member of our Internal Audit team, the Internal Auditor – Finance/Operations will work closely with the Bank’s finance, accounting, compliance, wealth management, loans, deposits and other lines of business to ensure appropriate control design and test control effectiveness across organizational processes.
The Internal Auditor is a key member of the Internal Audit team, responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of financial, operational based audits as well as providing control consultation on risks and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries.
1. Assist in the planning stages for assigned segments of audits by reviewing available information and data, assessing both risk and regulatory requirements, and proposing audit procedures.
2. Assist in executing financial and operational audits including, but not limited to, (a) audit planning, (b) scheduling meetings, (c) general administration such as coordinating with Audit Administrator for workspace, badges, and logistics, (d) execute detailed testing in audit fieldwork using appropriate auditing methodologies and data analysis, (e) monitoring inflow of audit requests, f) ensuring that all required documentation is uploaded to the audit management tool (Accelus), (g) attending weekly audit status meetings, (h) assisting in report writing, , and (i) validating the remediation of audit findings.
3. Assist Internal Audit Management in providing responses to general audit questions, supporting their efforts to rely on Internal Audit work as needed.
4. Assist in developing draft audit reports by identifying and gathering support for potential issues, ensuring findings are appropriately documented and recommending value-added solutions.
5. Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards and identify opportunities for audit process improvement.
6. Establish and maintain strong relationships with business unit management.
7. Remain current and increase knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact the organization, as well as in the areas of internal control, accounting, business, company products and company information.
8. Support management initiatives and perform administrative responsibilities as needed.
9. Assist in special projects and non-finance and operations related audit projects as needed; perform other duties as assigned.
10. Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
11. Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) who enters into a relationship with the Bank is known and verified.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 2+ years of demonstrated internal control or risk management related experience
- Experience in Internal Audit, and understanding of Internal Audit standards and requirements (e.g. IIA Standards)
- Internal control or risk management related experience
- Knowledge of banking and financial industry
- BS/BA degree in related field
- Self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills
- Ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
- Creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic environment
- Advanced skill levels with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Professional certifications, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc. are preferred
- Team oriented
- History of providing extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond appropriately; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
- Must be able to travel as position requires; approximately 10%
- May be required to lift 15-25 lbs.