The Deposit Services Compliance and Risk Analyst supports the Deposit Services department in the delivery and maintenance of an effective program for the identification, measurement and monitoring of risk and associated operating controls related to the department and its products and services.
This individual will work closely with managers and teams within Deposit Services, as well as with organizations across First Republic such as Information Security, Vendor Management, Information Services, Internal Audit, Compliance, and BSA/AML, to ensure that sound risk, regulatory compliance, and internal audit processes are in place and maintained in order to manage the accuracy and effectiveness of the Bank’s deposits operational processes.
- Provide support and direction to Deposit Services management and product teams regarding the analysis and resolution of Risk Management issues.
- Work with, and at the direction of, the Head of Deposit Services Risk Management, in responding to information requests from both external sources such as the FDIC, as well as bank-internal departments such as Information Security, Compliance, BSA/AML, ERM and Internal Audit. In particular, provide primary support to the department in responding to audit-related requests.
- Assist Deposit Services managers and functional groups in identifying and addressing control deficiencies that surface as a result of an exposure identified during an investigation, or control issues resulting from risk assessments, internal audits or regulatory reviews.
- Work with Deposit Services Managers to maintain documentation illustrating the control environment surrounding products and services, such as authentication and access controls, fraud detection and prevention, and Denial of Service mitigation.
- Participate and represent the department in periodic meetings related to areas such as Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, and BSA/AML
- Assist the Head of Deposit Services Risk Management in building and maintaining risk and control self-assessments and all supporting documentation (e.g., process flows, key risk indicators, control evidence, etc.) for all key processes, initiatives, etc. and managing control deficiency remediation
- Assist in managing the centralized Risk Management repository of all key risk documentation and support (e.g., SharePoint, shared drive, etc.)
- Create accurate and timely reporting of key metrics and emerging risks from the business unit view such as ongoing reports on service levels and availability for mission-critical vendors/applications.
- Assist with the department’s Issue Management program, ensuring the outstanding items are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Assist with the Deposit Services 1st Line Control Validation program working to identify key controls within the department’s processes, perform reviews to validate the effectiveness & design of these controls and implement new controls to mitigate risks.
- Create department specific policies, procedures and templates to support the Risk Management program
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.