The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for supporting the day-to-day time management and administrative needs of the Deputy Chief Operating Officer (Deputy COO) and Chief Data Officer (CDO).
It is extremely important that the EA keeps the Deputy COO & CDO on time and prepared for every meeting in the midst of his exceptionally busy and constantly changing schedule. The EDCI department is a rapidly growing, fast changing segment of the bank. The EA is required to have strong communication, writing, and presentation skills as he/she will frequently be asked to prepare presentation materials for the internal meetings, Board of Directors, bank regulators, etc. Commitment to high quality work product, extreme attention to detail and ability to multi-task are required.
The EA is also expected to collaborate with other administrative assistants in the bank to support the broader support of the Enterprise Data & Client Insights (EDCI) and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) organizations and the bank as a whole.
1. Proactively and diplomatically manage Deputy COO & CDO’s calendar; i.e., prioritize meetings, provide ample time to review meeting materials, build in travel or contingency time, provide daily calendar to Deputy COO & CDO and advise of any cancellations or rescheduling.
2. Prepare memos and create presentations. EA will often be required to write materials based on outline input from Deputy COO & CDO and other executives. Assist in preparing and submitting materials for Board meetings, external investor meetings, and various bank committees. Will be expected to take notes at certain meetings, transcribe and distribute formal meeting minutes.
3. Perform administrative duties such as answering phones, taking messages, mailings, photocopying, planning meetings and events, ordering office supplies, ordering catering for meetings.
4. Ad hoc duties include (but are not limited to) project coordination, technical writing, quality control and review of client information files, and targeted research requests.
5. Work with premises personnel to ensure adequate office space for rapidly expanding team. Ensure work space readiness for new team members. Coordinate ongoing premises and office supply needs of EDCI & CPI team. Serve as first point of contact for new hires’ first day (e.g., acquiring building access badge, logging into network, etc.)
6. Arrange travel to maximize efficiency of Deputy COO & CDO’s schedule. Create and submit expense reports in a timely manner. Ensure all expenses captured accurately.
7. Accessibility and support during non-business hours such as evenings and weekends required as needed.
8. Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities or as assigned by supervisor.
9. Participate in the development of department policies and/or procedures and assist with client specific projects as assigned.
10. Navigate organizational infrastructure to solve or resolve problems or keep Deputy COO & CDO apprised of significant problems.
Skill, Knowledge, and Abilities
• 3+ years of experience in a senior Executive Administrative role
• Must be extremely flexible and enthusiastic about context switching and shifting priorities.
• Positive attitude and maintaining composure when under stress are key required attributes.
• Highly proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Must be extremely skilled in Powerpoint.
• Ability to take meetings notes, transcribe from those notes and distribute to meeting attendees as formal meeting minutes reviewed by bank regulators
• Ability to effectively prioritize daily/project work
• Excellent organization and follow-up skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and handle the stress of meeting stringent timelines/deadlines
• Strong attention to detail a must
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively, professionally and with tact with all levels of personnel whether in person, on the phone or via email.
• Quick learner and ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities
• BA degree required
• Ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meaning of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
• Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
• Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
• Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.