First Republic Investment Management (FRIM) is an SEC-Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) owned by First Republic Bank. Our team within FRIM traces its roots to Luminous Capital, a fast-growing independent RIA that was purchased by FRIM in December 2012. We work exclusively with high net worth clients. Typical clients include entrepreneurs, corporate executives, non-profits, and partners in venture capital, private equity, real estate, and law.
Our team consists of 14 individuals, including two Wealth Managers and 12 supporting team members. The Senior Associate will work closely with a Director and a Vice President, as well as both Wealth Managers, to support our team’s client relationships.
First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business.
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to join our Palo Alto-based team as a Senior Associate. The Senior Associate will work closely with the existing team to manage important elements of the client relationship. Duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Wealth Managers by providing service and support functions such as portfolio analysis, account creation and maintenance, money movement, and client/prospect meeting preparation
• Collaborate with fellow team members to provide exceptional service and devise customized financial strategies for existing and prospective clients
• Interact with clients, supporting all aspects of their servicing needs related to the management of their relationship, researching client inquiries and managing follow up communication and materials
• Enter trades on behalf of the client, either alone or at the direction of another team member
• Construct client performance and asset allocation reports along with recommended portfolio changes
• Participate in client meetings to learn the business and add value as the Senior Associate acquires client-facing skills
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with clients, have exceptional organizational skills, have an interest in the financial markets, and be capable of prioritizing multiple projects. Other characteristics of a successful Senior Associate include attention to detail, ability to think critically and anticipate issues, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), relationship-building skills (both internal and external), and an ability to work in a demanding, unstructured environment. The Senior Associate role is designed for individuals with 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in a related field. A Bachelor’s degree is required.