The Quality Control Manager will have the opportunity to manage and mentor a Team of Appraisal Specialists and Certified Appraisers and is responsible for the process of reviewing the residential and commercial appraisals First Republic Bank uses for loan origination.
1. Manage a team of 10 to 15 unlicensed specialists and licensed or certified real estate appraisers who perform quality control examinations and deeper USPAP Standard 3 & 4 compliant reviews of residential and commercial appraisals used to originate loans.
2. Work with partners in the Collateral Valuations group to maintain an approved panel of third-party review appraisers with local market expertise.
3. Manage the effective performance of the Quality Control team, develop key process indicators and production goals, and ensure the team is appropriately staffed to meet these goals.
4. Collaborate with the Chief Appraiser and partners within the Collateral Valuations group to ensure the quality control process conforms to regulatory and Bank requirements.
5. Collaborate with the Chief Appraiser and internal and external partners and vendors to adopt technological solutions that enhance the quality control process and provide access to performance data.
6. Develop a productive working relationship with external partners in the Bank’s Relationship Management, Credit, Closing, Operations and Risk Management groups, and travel with the Chief Appraiser to meet with members of these groups in the Bank’s core markets.
7. Develop a productive working relationship with the appraisers on the Bank’s approved panel, and provide feedback to internal partners regarding the appraisers’ performance.
8. Work with internal partners and external partners in the Relationship Management and Credit teams to help identify complex assignments.
9. Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by the Chief Appraiser.
10. Comply with applicable requirements including federal and state laws, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.); and all Bank policies and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities