First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business.
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
This position will provide support for the development, review, and production of client-facing performance reports as well as related firm-wide performance data and analytics. The Associate Director will report to the SVP of Performance Analytics and will work directly with Private Wealth Management front-office stakeholders and operational teams to ensure report quality and availability.
1. Provide tools and professional support to client-facing teams to analyze, comprehend, and communicate the drivers of portfolio performance.
2. Work with the Performance Team to provide a comprehensive, accurate, and unbiased view of client portfolios measured against established asset allocation targets and risk/return assumptions.
The Associate Director will work as a subject matter expert to:
3. Provide managerial insight into the sources of the change in the value of assets under management and the performance of specific investment strategies against benchmarks.
4. Monitor performance of assigned portfolios and proactively resolve data accuracy and calculation issues.
5. Partner with client teams to develop materials (analysis views and client reports) to fulfill specific requirements.
6. Identify and proactively communicate performance trends and issues to Wealth Managers, Client Service and Research.
7. Set up reporting groups, composites, templates and benchmarks.
8. Set up and lead training sessions for the Wealth Managers and Client Service teams to teach key concepts such as how to group accounts and run reports. (via WebEx or in-person).
9. Update and maintain training documents for both the Performance team and end users.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: