First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
First Republic’s “Continuous Process Improvement” (CPI) office works across the enterprise to support identification and resolution of operational inefficiencies or enhancement opportunities. The team will work collaboratively to drive improvements to client experience, operational efficiency and risk management and operational readiness for certain critical implementations in the Bank’s IT & Ops Roadmap.
First Republic has recently adopted Robotic Process Automation (RPA) as a solution for process improvement and is currently looking for a RPA developer to help us build ‘bots’ that are high quality, easy to use, perform well and make users’ lives easier. This is a perfect opportunity to make a big difference in an organization that is undergoing high growth and leveraging RPA across the enterprise.
As an RPA developer you will own the design for multiple RPA projects. RPA developers are responsible for working together with the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) Team to understand requirements, define the application design and support the socialization of the design with stakeholders.
This position works closely with the CPI Team to ensure RPA applications meet business and technical requirements, are maintainable and scalable and meet stated performance benchmarks.
In addition, as an RPA developer you will work on development standards and the Center of Excellence to help define and document RPA development standards at First Republic.
- Create or update documentation including architecture diagrams and design documents (i.e. Solutions Design Document) in support of development efforts. Estimate development efforts and provide guidance on development timelines.
- Hands-on RPA development and development of shared components/objects. Drive the strategic and tactical roll-out of RPA solutions.
- Identify reusable components and patterns as well as ensure consistently in design across use-cases built using RPA. Contribute to the development of governance, methodologies and procedures to continually improve a rapid and repeatable delivery channel of RPA solutions.
- Participate in code reviews with peers to ensure each increment adheres to original version as designed in the user story (or Process Definition Document) and adheres to highest quality standards.
- Respond to support inquiries for use-cases in order to make quick repair to keep use-cases running in production.
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (ODD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Oversee the design, scoping, implementation and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end.
- Participation in the RPA Center of Excellence (COE): help define and drive application standards across the RPA platform.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering or complying with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- 3+ years RPA development experience in Blue Prism, UIPath, Automation Anywhere or equivalent RPA industry leading platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in programming (.NET, Java, ETL, etc.)
- 2+ years or strong experience in software delivery using Agile methodology
- 2+ years in application architecture, designing and writing software or experience with software requirements and software testing
- 2+ years general development experience
- Certified Blue Prism Developer accreditation (or other equivalent RPA industry leading platform accreditation)
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meaning of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions
- Position involves sitting most of the time but may involve walks or standing for brief periods of time
- Must be able to travel as position requires
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs
- General Office Environment