The UX Designer at Gradifi is responsible for researching, designing and implementing Gradifi’s product vision. You’ll work directly with Gradifi’s Director of Creative & UX and the Product Management team to create a best-in-class user experience.
Strong visual and interaction design skills are a requirement, and the ability to think creatively and be proactive are highly encouraged. You are driven by empathy with users and will conduct the requisite research to understand users’ needs. You are organized and have opinions on the design feedback and review process. You can design quickly and iteratively at low and high resolutions. You should have the ability to manage multiple work flows. You are an effective communicator within a team.
You will be a partner to our agile development team, working closely with front-end developers to refine the product, or doing front-end work yourself. You also represent the user’s voice when working closely with Product Management.
Your deliverables will align with sprints, in two-week increments.
1. Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
2. Design and implement wireframes in low and high fidelity.
3. Implement designs using HTML and CSS that work seamlessly in a cross browser / cross device environment using responsive design.
4. Work in a developer environment: e.g. be proficient in git, Jira, agile development, etc.
5. Coordinate and conduct user research to inform design work, and be able to present findings
6. Present functional UX prototypes to business stakeholders.
7. Maintain static web assets and front-end style guide.
8. Security and compliance is a top priority at Gradifi and strict adherence to the policies and procedures of the Information Security Management System is mandatory.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Visual and interaction design skills
• Portfolio demonstrating experience in crafting usable digital interfaces
• Proficient with UX software and prototyping tools (Adobe suite)
• Comfortable working with HTML/CSS, in a cross-browser and responsive environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Experience coordinating, conducting and synthesizing user research
• Experience working with developers and source control systems
• 2 to 5 years of experience working in user experience design