Reporting directly to the Vice President, Business Strategy and Operations (BSO), the Manager, BSO will play a key role in the Preferred Banking Office Quality Assurance group.
The Manager will monitor the work of the Regional Team Lead(s), Operations Specialist(s), Quality Assurance Associates to make certain assigned tasks are being performed and completed correctly. The Manager will act as a liaison between the QA unit and the Preferred Banking Offices and management teams. The Manager will report any deficiencies to Senior Management and create action plans to ensure corrective measures are implemented, and monitors progress until completion.
This dynamic position goes beyond strictly operations, but also entails training and development in physical offices, various corporate projects/initiatives providing a challenging opportunity.
The Manager is expected to be a self-starter with a high ability to quickly comprehend technical concepts, and willingness to take charge and seek out answers, use independent judgment, even when given minimal instruction and guidance.
The Manager is responsible for reviewing the work of the QA Analysts to make certain the work is being completed in a timely manner, adherence to internal and external policy are being met and all regulatory requirements are being adhered to.
1. Familiarize and review all policy and procedure (P&Ps) updates in the Big Green Book and Preferred Banking Procedures on EaglesNet, as frequently as necessary in order to proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality, usability and understanding of that information.
2. The Manager will manage, monitor, and review the quality Assessment process throughout all offices. The Manager must have thorough understanding of both the QA and Regional Team Lead roles including conducting Assessments, generating reports, and training all stakeholders. The Manager with guide the RTLs/QA Associates under their purview, train them, provide insight on processes, address questions, and overall help the PBO meet compliance requirements.
3. Cross-train in all roles within the department and serve as business contingency on occasion to have hands-on operational knowledge on how the team conducts assessments of PBOs to ensure P&Ps are followed. This will equip the Team Lead with the tools to develop rapport with the regional PBOs to receive feedback, answer support questions, and provide guidance for the region. Be the Region’s go-to person for PBO Support.
4. Provide unit managers timely and accurate QA status that identifies operational deficiencies. Document, present findings, and relay evaluative feedback to the unit manager and leadership.
5. Use independent judgment to determine the feasibility of P&P in the field, advise the Vice President of PBO Quality Assurance & Security Officer of his/her observations, and may be tasked to suggest and revise the P&Ps, as required.
6. Work closely with Vice President, Business Strategy & Operations to ensure a high level of support and interpersonal communication on all operational issues, including actively participating in ad-hoc projects and team meetings, while exhibit ownership, follow-thru, initiative and independent judgment at all times.
7. Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities, including, but notwithstanding, monitoring, consolidating, and archiving active and pending reports, as required.
8. Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by the Vice President of PBO Business Strategy & Operations or their assignee.
9. Perform duties of monitoring, reporting, maintaining, and training of physical security program at the direction of the Vice President, Business Strategy & Operations.
10. Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: