As a member of our Internal Audit team, the Senior Auditor – Finance/Operations will work closely with the Bank’s finance, accounting, compliance, wealth management, loan operations, deposit operations, and other lines of business to ensure appropriate control design and test control effectiveness across organizational processes.
The Senior Auditor is responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of financial and operational audits, including consideration of applicable regulatory requirements, as well as providing consultation on risks and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries.
1. Assist in the planning stages for key segments of audits by reviewing available information and data, assessing both risk and regulatory requirements, and designing audit programs.
2. Administer and execute financial and operational audits including, but not limited to, (a) audit team planning, (b) setting up, administering, and leading meetings, (c) general administration such as coordinating with Audit Administrator for workspace, badges, and logistics, (d) performing audit fieldwork using appropriate auditing methodologies and data analysis, (e) effectively lead resources assigned to audit project, (f) monitoring inflow and review of audit requests and workpapers for quality and adherence to standards within the audit management tool (Accelus), (g) assisting in report writing, (h) ensuring timely issuance of report, and (i) validating the remediation of audit findings.
3. Provide assistance to external stakeholders, including external auditors, by responding to general audit questions, supporting their efforts to rely on Internal Audit work, assisting in the annual confirmation process, and as needed.
4. Develop draft audit reports by identifying and gathering support for potential issues, ensuring findings are appropriately documented, and recommending value-added solutions.
5. Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards and identify opportunities for audit process improvement.
6. Establish and maintain strong relationships with business unit management.
7. Remain current and increase knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact the organization, as well as in the areas of internal control, accounting, business, company products and company information.
8. Support management initiatives and perform administrative responsibilities as needed.
9. Assist in special projects and non-finance and operations related audit projects as needed; perform other duties as assigned.
10. Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
11. Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
12. Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) who enters into a relationship with the Bank is known and verified.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 5+ years of audit experience with an accounting firm or in an internal audit role within the banking or financial services industry.
- Sound knowledge and experience in financial and operational audits.
- Internal control or risk management related experience.
- Knowledge of banking and the finance industry.
- BS/BA degree in related field.
- Self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains .
- Creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic environment.
- Advanced skill levels with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc. are preferred.
- Team-oriented individual.
- History of providing extraordinary service.
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond appropriately; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires; approximately 10%.
- May be required to lift 15-25 lbs.