Responsible for managing client expectations and requests while assisting the Relationship Manager (RM) with day to day duties which may include a variety of analytical and client service oriented tasks. This position manages the RM’s book of business alongside alleviating the day to day tasks to allow the RM to focus on the growth of the business. The ideal candidate will act as a liaison between RM clients, Private Banking Officers, and lending personnel which require knowledge of various FRB products and programs depending on the RM’s business needs. Responsibilities include but not limited to managing client expectations and requests. Working with Clients, RM, and Executive Loan Committee (ELC) to determine loan structure and pricing, and underwriting in a timely matter. This includes presenting deals to ELC and obtaining approval on behalf of the RM.
45% - Manage the loan process:
• Collaborate with RMs, Executive Loan Committee (ELC), and clients to help determine appropriate loan product(s), loan amounts, and optimal structure
• Present deals on behalf of the RM to ELC for approval
• Communicate results to customer on the “needs list”, request missing items from clients when requested by processors
• Act as primary contact for clients when requested by RM
• Underwriting of residential and commercial loans. We will train the Account Executive to underwrite commercial properties
• Complete borrower and residential/commercial property cash flows as requested by RM or Team Lead
• Prepare pre-approval letters, forward loan applications etc. when Client Service Admin is not available
45% - Provide excellent customer service:
• Respond to client inquiries and requests to properly manage client expectations and needs
• Respond to incoming calls
• Meet with clients as requested
10% - Assist with business development:
• Work with the RM to review their book of business and identify areas of opportunity to deepen relationships.
• Strategize with RM on appropriate client situations and on Client Meetings. Help RM to maximize their business development efforts.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Internal Contacts: Work with internal business partners and lending office staff at various levels to research and resolve transaction concerns. Must be confident in response and ability to satisfactorily address all clients. Handles complex/escalated matters.
External Contacts: Includes verbal and written interaction on complex items.
Essential Skills, Bodies of Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and underwriting knowledge
• Thorough understanding of FRB credit guidelines various products and programs
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and flourish in a fast paced environment
• Excellent computer skills
• Provides extraordinary service
• Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
Products and Software:
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS Excel.
Education, Experience, Training, or Certifications/Licenses:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree; home loan credit underwriter experience. Proven customer service skills.
• The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
• Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
• Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
• Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Must be able to travel as position requires.
• May be required to lift up to 15 lbs.
Workplace Environment: General Office Environment (administrative)