The Treasury Risk Senior Analyst plays a key role in assessing and managing the Bank’s liquidity and interest rate risks in accordance with the Bank’s risk appetite and its risk oversight mandate. As part of the ERM organization (2nd line of defense), the role includes identifying, assessing, measuring, and monitoring risks as well as developing risk controls and responses to possible and actual liquidity and market/interest rate events.
This position requires a strong analytical mindset, a high degree of intellectual curiosity and excellent attention to detail. The role requires highly collaborative working relationships ability to prioritize and execute on multiple projects, sometimes with tight time requirements. This position reports to the Treasury Risk Officer. As a member of the ERM team, the role offers the opportunity to learn about and contribute to analytic needs of the Bank’s other key risks e.g., credit risk, operational risk, etc
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• 4+ years of risk management, treasury or finance experience.
• Strong understanding of economic principals and familiarity with bank accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Require experience with SAS or SQL or other data management, reporting and query tools.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills plus the ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently.
• Mindset aligned with First Republic Bank’s core values.
• The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
• Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
• Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
• Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Must be able to travel as position requires.
• May be required to lift 25-50lbs.