The Paralegal provides legal assistance to the attorneys of First Republic Bank (the “Bank”) on (a) corporate governance, transactional, and regulatory matters, (b) litigation matters (including discovery and matter management and insurance correspondence), and (c) maintenance of Bank forms documents and file systems. Under attorney supervision and acting on own initiative and direction, the Paralegal provides complex legal support by performing tasks that require analytical thinking, accuracy, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills and computer proficiency. The Paralegal is able to handle several projects simultaneously, consistently meet deadlines, and work professionally with Bank personnel at all levels. It is paramount that applicants for this role be willing to “roll up their sleeves” on the job and learn new subject areas and undertake tasks outside of their prior experience with enthusiasm and confidence.
Provide legal support for to the Bank’s attorneys as needed.
- Prepare legal memos, documents and correspondence.
- Entity and subsidiary management.
- Prepare board related materials including resolutions and minutes and presentations.
- Prepare regulatory filings including Section 16 reports.
- Assist in managing and updating the Bank’s resolution plan.
- Assist in lending transactions including negotiation of related agreements.
- Assist in negotiation of confidentiality and other commercial agreements.
- Conduct legal and factual research.
- Assist with general litigation preparation and discovery including:
- Prepare responses to discovery requests and subpoenas.
- Review documents for responsiveness and discoverability.
- Identify and collection of custodians, documents and data.
- Manage of litigation holds and document and data preservation.
- Maintain litigation files and status tracker.
- Manage Bank template agreement database and file system.
- Participate in special projects as needed and develop, prioritize and monitor achievement of project goals.
Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Key Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.