The Business Development Associate is a sales and support role designed to deepen and expand the personal and/or business relationship of the Relationship Manager’s (RM) existing clients and prospects. Key goals of the Business Development Associate are to increase products per client for the RMs existing clients and uncover new personal and/or business opportunities for the RM team. Incumbents will be responsible to provide direct support to the RM in his efforts to increase deposit and lending opportunities, as well as assist in producing opportunity reports for the RM team. The incumbent will also ensure that all opportunities and prospects have been recorded on the RM team pipeline and will follow up with all opportunities on a daily basis.
We're a highly collaborative team with a can-do attitude and client-centric culture. If you have a passion for sales and banking, we would love to hear from you.
75% - Assist with business development:
• Work with the RM team to review the RMs book of business and identify areas of opportunity to deepen relationships.
• Strategize with RM and RM team on appropriate client situations and on Client Meetings.
• Help RM to maximize their business development efforts.
• Meet with clients as requested
25% - Provide excellent customer service:
• Respond to client inquiries and requests to properly manage client expectations and needs
• Respond to incoming calls
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Essential Skills, Bodies of Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and flourish in a fast paced environment
• Excellent computer skills
• Provides extraordinary service
• Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
Products and Software:
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word / MS Outlook / MS PowerPoint/ MS Excel.
Education, Experience, Training, or Certifications/Licenses:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree; Minimum of two years sales experience; Proven customer service skills.
• The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
• Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
• Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
• Position involves sitting, standing and walking to client meetings.
• Must be able to travel often as position requires.
• May be required to lift up to 15 lbs.