This position requires knowledge and experience with Data virtualization s/w, particularly Denodo, as well as experience in Database, Data Lake and Data warehouse technologies both on premise and in the cloud. The senior data virtualization engineer should have the ability to play a strong role in collaborating across business groups in establishing data virtualization governance standards. Requirements include strong background in analysis, software/database design, development, testing, and deployment. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, this individual will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities.
• Work on end-to-end (design, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of Data Virtualization solutions.
• Work as a liaison between business and technology groups while maintaining alignment with the Bank’s security and information technology policies.
• Drive Denodo technical excellence and implementation of best practices.
• Perform prioritized planning and execution of Denodo view development and release schedules while iteratively defining & refining processes.
• Manages Denodo development workflow including reviewing requests, dev releases to test and final production deployment packages.
• Responsible for research, delivery, implementation and support of data virtualization technical solutions.
• Implements Denodo data catalog, new features and fixes bugs and maintains testing and automation where appropriate.
• Defines and executes test cases for any production deployment for enterprise views
• Coordinates and collaborates in support of product upgrades and patches to environments.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
• 5 + years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture
• 5+ years of database and related technology experience
• 3+ years of Denodo data virtualization development/admin experience
• Denodo implementation experience a plus
• Experience installing, patching and upgrading Denodo server side applications
• Experience working with variety of database platforms (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server)
• AWS experience is big plus
• Working knowledge of Linux
• Familiarity with Windows server
• Demonstrated experience with shell scripting
• Familiarity with LDAP or Active Directory
• Knowledge of version control software
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in a multi-tiered environment
• Demonstrate an understanding of database and warehouse systems at enterprise scale.
• Experience developing on the Linux operating system - Should be able to install/configure software, start/stop services, troubleshoot issues
• Strong understanding of Denodo products or similar data virtualization technology
• Experience problem solving and interacting with business and other technology partners in a corporate setting
• Exercise communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Work with governance models and guidelines in the data management area
• Identify and solve for points of integration with other technology and tools.
• Develop best practices, presentations, training materials or documentation on data virtualization use within enterprise
• Train and develop expertise in data virtualization
• A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
• Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
• Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic
• Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
• The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
• Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
• Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
• Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.