The Senior Loan Analyst will have the opportunity to partner with a team of Relationship Managers to oversee all stages in the residential real estate and unsecured loan, process from initial underwriting through loan closing. The Analyst will ensure that all loans are analyzed, underwritten, and processed in a timely manner while achieving a high level of customer service. Responsibilities primarily focus on underwriting high level, complex real estate and unsecured loans, and may include analysis of other loan types including but not limited to commercial loans.
Underwriting a variety of loan structures including but not limited to:
Analyzing borrower tax returns (business and personal), financial statements, real estate schedules, liquidity positions, financial ratios, recurring sources of cash flow, and client ability to service debt.
Monitor and track all loans in Relationship Manager pipeline. Work closely with Loan Specialists, Closing and other team members to ensure timely file processing.
Collaborate with Relationship Managers , Executive Loan Committee , Loan Specialists and clients to help determine loan structure, loan amounts, and products. Size and qualify loans for approval and demonstrate ability to present deals to ELC.
Print and organize all financial documentation and compile loan files.
Order third party reports and open escrow (when applicable).
Complete some basic loan processing for new loan originations and loan modifications.
Partner with the Closing/Funding Department to ensure a timely closing. Work with escrow/closing agents to coordinate closings.
Work on special projects for Relationship Manager as needed.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Essential Skills, Bodies of Knowledge and Abilities:
Products and Software:
Education, Experience, Training, or Certifications/Licenses:
Required: High School diploma and a minimum of 5 years of underwriting experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree.
• The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
• Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
• Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
• Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Must be able to travel as position requires.
• May be required to lift up to 25-50 lbs.