At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Audit, Compliance and Legal & Risk group supports First Republic’s business objectives by systematically improving the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes. We own and administer these processes while educating our colleagues to best support them. Our mission is to promote a culture of compliance and to be the best partner we can to our business stakeholders.
As a member of our Internal Audit team, the Senior Auditor – Finance/Operations is responsible for planning, conducting and managing finance and operational audits with minimal oversight. As an Internal Audit Manager, the role will also provide advisory services on financial, operational and regulatory risks and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries. Financial and operational audit areas include, but are not limited to, Lending, Deposits, Private Wealth Management, and Corporate functions.
What you’ll do as a Senior Auditor – Finance/Operations
Assist in the planning stages for key segments of audits by reviewing available information and data, assessing both risk and regulatory requirements, and designing audit programs.
Administer and execute financial and operational audits including, but not limited to, (a) audit team planning, (b) scheduling and leading meetings, (c) general administration such as coordinating with Audit Administrator for workspace, badges, and logistics, (d) performing audit fieldwork using appropriate auditing methodologies and data analysis, (e) effectively lead resources assigned to audit project, (f) monitoring inflow and review of audit requests and workpapers for quality and adherence to standards within the audit management tool (Accelus), (g) setting-up and administering weekly audit status meetings, (h) assisting in report writing, (i) ensuring timely issuance of report, and (j) validating the remediation of audit findings.
Provide assistance to external auditors by responding to general audit questions, supporting their efforts to rely on Internal Audit work, assisting in the annual confirmation process, and as needed.
Develop draft audit reports by identifying and gathering support for potential issues, ensuring findings are appropriately documented, and recommending value-added solutions.
Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards and identify opportunities for audit process improvement.
Establish and maintain strong relationships with business unit management.
Remain current and increase knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact the organization, as well as in the areas of internal control, accounting, business, company products and company information.
Support management initiatives and perform administrative responsibilities as needed.
Assist in special projects and non-finance and operations related audit projects as needed; perform other duties as assigned.
Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) who enters into a relationship with the Bank is known and verified.
What skills you will use:
- 5+ years of audit experience with an accounting firm or in an internal audit role within the banking or financial services industry
- Sound knowledge and experience in financial and operational audits
- Internal control or risk management related experience
- Knowledge of banking and the finance industry
- BS/BA degree in related field
- Self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills
- Ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
- Creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic environment
- Advanced skill levels with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc. are preferred
- Team oriented individual
- History of providing extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Are you a good fit?
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!