At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
The Process Engineer Lead will partner with internal Information Systems groups to create new processes, review, and document existing processes, as well as recommend process improvements.
- Establish and continually refine standards for IS process documentation.
- Assist IS groups with: defining new processes, centralizing existing process documentation; adjusting documentation to conform to corporate standards for content and presentation; creating process documents for those key processes that are undocumented; regularly review and update process documents so that they consistently reflect current operational practice.
- Partner with internal IS groups to identify and implement process improvements with a focus on increasing the effectiveness or efficiency of IS operational processes.
- Ensure that IS processes map into an overall IT Governance framework.
- Participate in the rollout of IS projects to determine requirements for updates to existing procedures and creation of new procedures.
- Lead process design teams on larger projects.
- Interact with IS Internal Clients to resolve process engineering issues, address desired outcomes leveraging cloud first approach, automation, and integration.
- Ensure effective product/technology demonstrations.
- Help determines product process specifications and equipment strengths, weakness and area of developmental opportunity.
- Act as the business subject matter expert to formulate and define project scope and prioritization of deliverables through research and fact finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems, including identifying business case, deliverable estimates, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Proactively work with business technology partners to understand and document business requirements and to conceptualize the methods and techniques for obtaining solutions defined by the development methodology.
- Assist in the development of project plans to meet business needs.
- Coordinate the defining of appropriate test cases with the IS Internal client and is responsible for overall quality.
- Utilize data analysis, process modeling/mapping, user interface design, use case diagrams and process decomposition to document current and projected business requirements.
- Participate in the decision process for developing an internal solution or utilizing an external vendor/software to meet business requirements.
- Lead programs that optimize existing business processes.
- Work with IS Engineers in conceptual design; assist in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written to help develop automated processes.
- Lead Best Practice reviews.
- Participates in performance evaluations as needed.
- This position reports to and supports the Knowledge Management Manager.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Coordinate activities of other Process Engineers on the team. Report progress for the team to the Knowledge Management Manager and ensure the team stays on target and delivers on time.
- Support business development by preparing proposals and completing presentations for IS Service Delivery.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years computer/data center operations experience, including demonstrated skills creating and refining IT operational process.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years experience developing and managing processes in the ServiceNow application.
- ITIL v3 certification.
- Cloud experience, specifically AWS but not limited to.
- Proficiency with various types of computer hardware and software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Self-directed: works independently and is able to fulfill job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times.
- Proven track record of assisting IS management increase departmental effectiveness by identifying opportunities for process improvement and suggesting superior alternatives.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to document complex IS processes in a clear and concise manner.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.