At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
The middleware engineering team supports all the middleware platforms at the bank as a shared platform to the application teams.
The Sr. CI/CD DevOps Engineer will work will build and modify CI/CD pipelines to the middleware platform(s) so that the application teams(s) can deploy application code to the platform with all the best practice(s) in mind.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Expert level knowledge of Node.Js or Python
- 4+ years knowledge of Jenkins Administration
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience integrating development and test tools (static test, dynamic test, code coverage, etc.
- Hands on knowledge of build systems infrastructure (CMake, Maven)
- Experience with Atlassian tools suite
- Experience with Artifactory
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies
- Knowledge of Puppet and/or change management systems
- The candidate should be self-driven and have a background in build processes, scripting, and automation
- Bachelor’s degree with proven experience in DevOps is required. Five years of experience is desired.
- Proven record of success in a software development life cycle.
- At least 2 years’ experience with building automation with CD tools such as Jenkins, Git.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and research, analysis, and writing skills.
- Ability to foster a collaborative and transparent working environment, forging meaningful and positive working relationships that drive a strong peer culture.
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team, taking initiative with minimal direction to creatively solve problems within the confines of company policy; always seeking direction when conflicts persist.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to collaborate in the research and development of formal documentation and strategic plans with emphasis on real-world citations that lead to rationale.
- Ability to build consensus with other stakeholders in a positive and educational way.
- Strong desire to be a key player in the overall software development and application delivery strategy.
- At least 1 year experience working in AWS
- Experience in test automation and continuous integration (CI-CD) methodologies and how they work
- Experience in orchestration/containerization platforms (e.g. Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, Docker)
- Experience in configuration management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt) and secrets management such as Vault, KMS
- Proven development and scripting background (e.g. bash, python)
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of basic to advanced networking and network security
- Exposure to work with NoSQL DB’s such as using Mongo DB and Sql DB’s , Postgres, and/or MySQL preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of application and IT systems at all layers including cloud-based, and custom applications, middleware, operating systems, databases, servers, networks, and virtualization technologies
- Principles, practices, methods, and techniques used in information technology systems architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing administration
- Capacity management and the design of scalable solutions
- ITSM, PMLC, SDLC, and strategic planning
- Advanced principles, practices, methods, and techniques used in the design, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of technology systems and applications
- In-depth understanding of key issues and success factors
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, and Slack (or comparable SDLC programs)
- Ability to create strong, beautiful, and reliable documentation for multiple levels of the organization
Professional skill / competency:
- Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship
- Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives
- Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business
- Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
Leadership skill / competency:
- Experience with leading team(s)
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level
- Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
Personal skill / competency:
- Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
- Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
- Change management: Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Negotiation skills: Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
- Peer relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
What skills you might also possess:
- Knowledge of Puppet and/or change management systems
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.