First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business.
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Senior Construction Loan Underwriter will have the opportunity to partner with a highly successful Relationsip Managers and Team to underwrite, analyze and process construction loans as well as provide exceptional client service. This hybrid role allows for a lot of visibility in working within the full cycle mortgage loan process while being an integral player in a collaborative team.
- Must be able to analyze/underwrite/cash flow mortgage loans.
- Communicate with customers, providing excellent customer service and ensuring the customer relationship is maintained and the highest possible level.
- Review title reports, prepare sources and uses, and underwrite all commercial real estate product types.
- Review set-up loan files for completeness and identify missing documentation or potential problems.
- Analyze each loan file, ensuring the LAW form, loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal(s), application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market and First Republic Bank loan program criteria and are accurately documented.
- Prepare loan files for funding by reviewing the analysis for accuracy and by completing the Request for Documents form to ensure all regulatory information and loan terms are accurately input into the computer system to meet compliance.
- Cross trains other team members, when applicable.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- A college degree is required
- 5 years' experience with loan processing, underwriting and related analysis
- Extensive work experience in commercial real estate loan underwriting is required, construction loan experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to analyze income tax returns & tax schedules to derive borrower's cash flow
- Experience with commercial and/or construction loan processing, and commercial real estate loan underwriting is a plus, but not required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift up to 25-50 lbs.