See service from a higher perspective
As Assistant Manager, you’ll support sales and business development, enabling the office to always provide top-quality client service. You will have the opportunity to co-manage office operations, serving as acting manager when the Preferred Banking Offices Manager is absent.
What you’ll do as a Preferred Banking Offices Assistant Manager:
- Support the Preferred Banking Offices Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the office and ensuring that team members are performing all the operational functions correctly and completely.
- Draw on all available resources to provide the best solution for each client and ultimately create a memorable client experience.
- Keep a close eye on service quality levels and coach team members as needed to make sure the office maintains its focus on providing exceptional client service.
- Assist the Personal Bankers with policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions.
- Regularly review the office’s operating procedures and practices in order to identify possible opportunities for improvement.
- Audit office transactions according to the office’s policies and procedures.
Sales, Business Development & Customer Service
- Build professional relationships with clients to establish repeat and referral business and strengthen client loyalty.
- Take responsibility for checking account and deposit growth.
- Introduce banking products and services to clients and explain how these new offerings can meet their needs.
- Develop a strong understanding of client needs and refer clients to Relationship Managers, Preferred Bankers and Trust Officers as appropriate.
- Actively look for ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to build a book of business and contribute toward meeting your individual sales goals and the office’s sales goals.
- Actively participate in office sales promotions.
- Assist the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in leading a team of sales and service professionals, supporting their efforts to meet and exceed the office’s sales and client satisfaction goals.
- Organize the daily workflow of the office and work with the Personal Bankers to ensure high client service levels.
- Support the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in fostering a team environment where all colleagues can perform to their full potential.
- Assist the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in supervising and coaching your teams to help them enhance their professionalism, strengthen their sales techniques, embrace the Bank’s service expectations and understand compliance guidelines.
- Support the Preferred Banking Offices Manager in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating office employees, and provide input on bonus payments and other compensation issues.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Three years of relationship banking experience
- A college degree preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- An interest in sales
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude
- The ability to coach and mentor team members to perform above expectations
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills