Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Commercial Business Administrator, you will assist the Bank’s loan teams in originating commercial loans by ensuring that each loan is documentable and serviceable by the Bank, creating loan and credit files, performing due diligence by obtaining all required client information to support the loan transaction, and consistently updating the commercial loan origination database. You will also review, perform the necessary due diligence on, and capture information to accurately generate and analyze loan and real estate documentation as well as fund and board the loans to the Bank’s accounting system.
What you’ll do as a Commercial Business Administrator:
- Obtain information about potential clients, perform the necessary due diligence and enter your investigation results into the origination system.
- Accurately generate all required loan and real estate documentation. This includes working with third parties such as title companies and filing liens and holds to secure collateral.
- Validate the full and proper execution of loan documentation and fund the loans.
- Set up, modify, extend or renew loans in the accounting system.
- Assist Business Bankers and Credit Analysts with managing their workflow and questions regarding products and functionality, and provide options and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (for example, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); adhere to Bank policies and procedures; complete all required training; identify and report potential suspicious activity to the Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering Officer; and know and verify the identity of clients entering into a relationship with the Bank.
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Threat and Vulnerability Security Engineer provides security oversight to First Republic Bank’s computing environment.
Oversight is achieved by monitoring and investigating potential security vulnerabilities and threats as reported by FRB’s security tools; performing security data analytics; identifying and addressing potential data loss channels; and staying apprised of potential security challenges through the gathering and processing of cyber intelligence.
The position will work closely with other Network Security Engineers and Information Services personnel to ensure appropriate controls are in place, and to ensure that security policies are being effectively employed.
What you’ll do as a Threat and Vulnerability Management Engineer:
- Information Security Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Responsible for configuring vulnerability assessment tools, as well as performing scans, researching and analyzing vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, corrective action recommendations, summarizing and reporting results.
- Analyze penetration test results and engage with technology partners and business units in order to resolve identified vulnerabilities within SLAs.
- Approaches for addressing vulnerabilities include system patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and changes in development processes.
- Identify and resolve any false positive findings in assessment results.
- Information Security Threat and Vulnerability
- Reporting Produce metrics and reporting on the state of system security, threat, vulnerability and patch management.
- Design and deliver actionable Information Security dashboards and scorecards.
- Analyze data sources and recommend optimal data sources to provide relevant reporting.
- Provide IT Governance metrics and reporting
- Oversee Remediation Activities:
- Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology developers and support teams.
- Recommend appropriate policy, standards, process and procedural updates as part of comprehensive remediation solutions.
- Validate remediation by reviewing application updates or deployed mitigations to verify resolution.
An encouraging culture that invests in you
As a Private Equity Associate with the Professional Loan Program (PLP) team, you’ll play a key role in structuring, negotiating and overseeing your own pipeline of new professional loans while ensuring that client expectations are met throughout the process.
We created the Professional Loan Program to offer tailored loan programs to employees of our private equity and venture capital firm clients, to enable them to personally co-invest in the funds being raised by their firms. We also use the PLP to offer loans or lines of credit to prospective partners at professional service firms to finance their partnership equity purchases.
In the Private Equity Associate role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders across the Bank — such as Account Executives, the Executive Loan Committee, Underwriters, Loan Servicing, Legal and department managers — as part of a highly collaborative team with a can-do attitude and culture.
What you’ll do as a Private Equity Associate:
- Structure and implement customized loan programs for partners and executives in the private equity, venture capital and professional service industries.
- Communicate directly with clients, Account Executives, underwriters, legal counsel, executive approvers and loan closing teams throughout the program development process.
- Develop and prepare program term sheets and due diligence needs lists, as well as review and understand entity documentation, loan documents, financial statements and approval memos.
- Partner with legal counsel on document negotiations and oversee the approval and rollout of new programs.
- Assist the underwriters by obtaining all necessary documentation from the client, and help respond to any underwriting questions.
- Manage existing relationships, including program modifications and credit reviews, and look for opportunities to educate clients about the Bank’s other offerings and how these products and services could help meet their financial needs.
- Suggest enhancements to processes and procedures in order to improve efficiency.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their business, as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs. As an Ara Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to use your research, data analysis and communication skills to partner with both internal and external clients to help them fulfill their goals.
What you’ll do as an Ara Project Manager:
- Facilitate the effective and efficient delivery of Ara Team’s projects, while partnering closely with key stakeholders.
- Create and manage internal and external communication during the ongoing rollout of value-added products and services.
- Manage the development and rollout of strategic software platforms, including streamlining internal processes with the related First Republic Bank departments.
- Source data that will justify market and platform investment within First Republic and empower internal stakeholders with resources necessary to support and advise their client base.
- Own the process of evaluating the Ara Team’s impact on internal and external stakeholders across the Bank.
- Cultivate a robust competitive analysis in key areas of growth.
- Support the development and delivery of resources to be created by the Ara Team across multiple focus groups.
- Partner with internal teams on various tasks pertaining to data sourcing, tracking and research.
- Present data to self-sourcing Business Bankers, Wealth Managers and Relationship Managers with the goal of using data to drive results.
- Author benchmarking reports.
- Ensure a consistent brand voice across all software and communications.
- Execute the new client onboarding processes.
- Ensure the highest levels of client service for internal and external clients.
The Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) team partners closely with business stakeholders and project teams across First Republic on corporate and marketing communications, messaging strategy, sales empowerment, project management and channel management. We operate as a centralized and service-oriented team to protect First Republic’s established brand tone and voice and ensure consistent and compliant messaging standards across deliverables.
The Director, Direct Marketing, will be responsible for all aspects of First Republic’s direct mail program, including strategic oversight of business objectives and creative deliverables, data management, production and execution, results tracking and vendor relations. The role requires an individual who has extensive experience in direct marketing and communications and the ability to evolve a program for a growing institution with increasingly complex direct marketing needs. It also requires someone who is passionate about communicating with clients and prospective clients of an ultra-high-touch brand, can form strong relationships and build trust, and think critically under pressure.
What you'll do as a Director, Direct Marketing:
Program Optimization and Campaign Strategy
- Evaluate existing direct mail program to identify opportunities for improved client experience, optimize performance and drive future strategies
- Partner with senior leaders, business partners, marketing colleagues and compliance to develop and execute an integrated communications roadmap to support short- and long-term business objectives and ensure compliance with regulations; this includes strategic alignment and close coordination with the email marketing and integrated marketing campaigns functions
- Build centralized “hub” for program, ensuring relevant messaging, timing and coordination of communications
- Implement and support internal procedural changes and directives for enhanced campaign awareness, tracking and feedback loops, and client preference management
- Partner with creative team to implement best practices when creating direct mail assets
- Optimize results and identify improvements for future campaigns
- Own and manage channel budgets, negotiate contracts and track expenses
- Gain understanding of Bank data and systems and how to leverage them for campaign creation and decision-making
- Work with outside vendor(s) to identify and purchase third-party, qualified lists for lead generation
- Translate business objectives into list segmentation criteria
- Manage and maintain suppression lists
- Perform quality control checks on all mailing lists
- Work with data teams and continually test who to target, with what message and at what frequency
- Work on long-term plans for marketing preference center database and other marketing data needs for program growth
- Perform and leverage data analyses to measure campaign strategies to drive desired outcomes and goals
Project Management and Execution
- Develop and maintain complex, multilevel project calendars and production schedules
- Liaise between business stakeholders, data partners, purchasing team, creative and vendors on all aspects of campaign creation and execution
- Adhere to and enforce production schedules and deadlines; proactively notify stakeholders of any risks or obstacles that will impact due dates
- Manage relationships with external vendors (printers, mail shops, creative agencies)
- Manage quality assurance and audit steps to ensure flawless execution
- Diagnose issues quickly and try new approaches as needed
- Partner with Marketing Risk Management to properly document campaign archives, maintain and update process documents and prepare for internal reviews and regulatory audits
See service from a higher perspective
Deliver extraordinary service by providing technical and transaction support, including troubleshooting and problem solving for clients using First Republic’s Cash Management products. Resolve issues involving Microsoft and Mac Operating systems, Quicken, QuickBooks, etc. Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal clients via phone, e-mail, and fax. Speak clearly and persuasively, and deliver excellent customer service by actively listening, expressing a willingness to help, probing for and identifying customer needs, giving correct information, and displaying empathy, courtesy, and sensitivity.
What you’ll do as a Corporate Services Specialist (Cash Management):
- Assist clients by initiating payment investigations, maintenance requests, fulfillment requests, research requests, and fee reversal requests received by phone and e-mail.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards as set by FRB management.
- Complies with federal, security, and legal requirements by following adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions and completing all regulatory testing.
- Compose quality written responses for service related e-mail. Communicate frequently with internal departments for e-mail resolution, consistently following-up with various departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Produce quality work, displaying accuracy and thoroughness, while completing work assignments in a timely manner and within disclosed time parameters.
- Make outbound calls to clients to provide resolutions for Corporate Services and research requests.
- Meet all Service Level Standards established for Corporate Services.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Business Banker, you will be a part of our growing startup banking team and have a general focus on serving early-stage companies. You will be responsible for developing client relationships and maintaining existing relationships to enable retention and drive high client Net Promoter Scores. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other members of the Bank to add value to clients by offering cash management, investment management and private banking services.
What you’ll do as a Business Banker – Start up Bank:
- Develop, maintain and enhance existing client relationships.
- Market other commercial banking offerings including deposits (cash management, on-line banking and foreign-exchange) and Wealth Management services.
- Develop strategies and provide relationship management and business development within the startup banking sector.
- Focus on building community with First Republic’s startup client base.
- Generate leads and grow the business through active networking and client referrals.
- Participate in key industry events and summits, whether hosted by the Bank or an external group.
- Adhere to the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client who enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Digital Banking Associate provides support for all client-facing digital products the Bank offers. Those in the position are tasked with mastering all Cash Management platforms – Personal Online Banking, Corporate Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Lockbox, and Automated Clearing House
What you'll do as a Digital Banking Associate II:
- Those in the position work with our sales teams to ensure the onboarding process of new clients goes as smoothly as possible.
- The Associate learns the prospective client’s needs and tailors digital solutions based on what will serve the client best.
- The Associate will also work with existing clients, identifying banking needs and marketing solutions to them that will ensure a richer banking experience.
- Through proactive engagement, the Associate works to ensure the company delivers the same extraordinary service through the digital channels as our clients expect face-to-face.
- Working closely with our Preferred Banking and Relationship Management teams, the Associate will also be exposed to First Republic’s unique relationship-driven culture.
- Associates will also partner with the product development teams, utilizing client feedback when making decisions about future product offerings
- They will be mentored and allowed the opportunity to learn about First Republic’s private banking, lending and wealth management products.
- By managing their own schedule, the Associate also has the opportunity to work on ad hoc projects with various departments across the Bank.
- A successful Associate develops a network within the Bank that often leads to full-time employment after completion of the Associate Program.
What you’ll do as a Staff Auditor:
- Assist with developing and communicating risk-based audit plans based on in-depth business knowledge created in conjunction with senior management.
- Assist in the planning stages for key segments of audits by reviewing available information and data, assessing risk and designing audit programs.
- Conduct audit fieldwork using appropriate auditing methodologies and data analysis.
- Develop draft audit reports by identifying and gathering support for potential issues, and recommending value-added solutions.
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for IS, operational, and financial audits, and identify opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business unit management.
- Remain current and increase knowledge in the areas of internal control, accounting, business, company products and company information.
- Support management initiatives and perform administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
- Self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- 2+ years of demonstrated internal control or risk management related experience.
- Knowledge of Banking and Financial Industry, a plus.
- BS/BA degree in related field.
- Advanced level of PC skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- Professional certifications, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc. preferred.
- Team player.
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
Vice President, Controller will serve as a partner to First Republic Bank’s Chief Accounting Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and senior management team and must be able to provide solid business counsel to the Company on all accounting matters. The Controller will provide leadership and strategic direction to the accounting organization in both day-to-day activities and in all transformational efforts. The Controller will have responsibility for various aspects of the Company’s accounting function including financial close, quality and integrity of the general ledger and compliance with GAAP, maintaining the accounting structure, procedures and controls, and preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports. The individual will thrive in a deadline-oriented environment and will work with the team of over 60 employees.
What you'll do as a Vice President, Controller:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight to the Accounting organization.
- Provide oversight of accounting operations, including monthly and quarterly close processes.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of reporting; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports.
- Participate in development and implementation of accounting strategies and activities
- Participate in and provide the oversight of the accounting policy and practice design, resolution of complex accounting issues, and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls and appropriate accounting procedures, including evaluation of processes and controls for compliance with SOX requirements.
- Play a key role in transformation efforts in the accounting organization, directing change initiatives, operational effectiveness and process improvements.
- Play a leading role in the company-wide projects that impact the Accounting, including system implementations.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all accounting functions.
- Partner with the Finance group in planning and forecasting, performance reporting standards and governance, decision support, and business process leadership.
- Key liaison with external auditors during the audits and quarterly reviews, the regulators for their examinations of the accounting related areas, as well as internal auditors.
- Participate as appropriate in strategic initiatives of the company involving accounting matters.
- Support special projects.
- Lead, manage, and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting organization, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business.
What you'll do as a Credit Analyst - Validations:
- New commercial loans, renewals and modifications are reviewed to confirm the key aspects of approval conform with the loan documents and AFS Level 3, including:
- Correct loan risk grade
- Appropriate approvals were obtained
- Covenants and ticklers entered into LoanVantage to match documents
- Observations noted of any discrepancies or issues
- Annual term loan review ticklers set up if applicable
- Policy exceptions are entered into LoanVantage
- Identify any key documentation that is missing or defective
- Apprise senior management of substantive non-compliance issues and adverse trends.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
- Identify areas for increased efficiencies in processes and higher quality internal service, and make recommendations accordingly.
- Adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.).
- Adhering to Bank policies and procedures.
- Completing required training.
- Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer.
- Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Be Part of the Important Role Compliance Plays in the Bank!
The Compliance Department at First Republic Bank is responsible for providing regulatory guidance to the business units of the Bank and for evaluating, tracking and reporting on compliance with the applicable regulations. The Compliance Department aims to provide superior risk-based compliance and process management service throughout the Company in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Senior Lending Compliance Manager possesses strong knowledge of the consumer lending regulations and serves as a subject matter expert to the business lines.
What you’ll do as a Senior Lending Compliance Manager:
- Assist the Director of Lending Compliance in the day-to-day oversight and administration of the Bank’s compliance management system (“CMS”) for lending operations, consistent with the First Republic compliance culture and the fluidity and growth of First Republic Bank.
- Ensure compliance by developing and maintaining expert, up-to-date knowledge of lending regulatory changes and amended laws in all aspects of consumer and business lending, including but not limited to loan origination and loan servicing operations.
- Act as a knowledge resource for compliance-related matters and serve as a subject matter expert who is able to interpret, research and/or provide technical support to stakeholders in Bank business lines with regard to new and existing lending regulations and their impact on existing policy and business practices. Applicable regulations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Flood Disaster Protection Act
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Truth in Lending Act.
- Develop excellent relationships and actively partner with business line stakeholders to provide consistent guidance and timely communication and to develop creative solutions and/or process improvements to ensure that new and existing loan products and programs comply with Bank policies and procedures and with applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in the development of department policies and/or procedures, as well as in the creation of tools, guides and other resource materials for the first line of defense.
- Provide compliance input and support for all new products, delivery channels, and markets as well as for changes to proprietary systems, technologies and/or processes. Actively participate projects for and in internal testing of changes to the same.
- Partner with the Bank’s Director of Learning and Development to assist in the development and delivery of bank-wide lending-related training, as needed.
- Work with the Testing Team to validate testing review findings and propose creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Have the ability to execute the required actions in an effective manner.
- Assist the first line in identifying and implementing remedial actions for identified findings and issues.
- Review lending-related marketing collateral to assure all regulatory requirements are met prior to publication.
- Participate as the Compliance representative in lending-related initiatives and special projects, as assigned.
Commonn goals, uncommon potential
The Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Sand Hill Business Banking team while leading client experiences for the Sand Hill office.
What you'll do as an Administrative Assistant:
- Maintain Senior Managing Director calendars, including but not limited to; heavy scheduling, sending invitations, and arranging meeting space/video conference.
- Maintain and process expense receipts and reports on a monthly basis at a minimum.
- Manage all logistics for external and internal events within the Sand Hill Business Banking team while working closely with Marketing.
- Assist in project management related to sales and relationship development opportunities
- Responsible for answering telephones and transferring as appropriate; taking messages; and/or assisting directly when necessary.
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to, photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, filing, uploading documentation to proper sources including shared networks and/or programs. Utilize external logistics services as appropriate.
- Greet clients, prospects and visitors. Direct and accompany to appropriate conference rooms. Coordinate meetings and conferences, including ordering food, and setting up and taking down the room.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for Business Bankers (air; rail; hotel; car service, etc.).
- Assist Team as necessary with document preparation, including editing, formatting and distribution of documents.
- Lead and manage team pipelines and projects, including research as appropriate and directed.
- Expected overtime due to event coverage, or client and project needs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Defines, leads, and manages all aspects of the project, scope, budget, financial forecasting, scheduling, resources, and quality control of work products following company’s PMO standards and governance guidelines and project management best practices.
- Develops and achieves consensus on as and to be states.
- Organize, develops content and leads working sessions with various business and technical resources. Ensures sessions and subsequent work products are incorporated into overall project process and delivery.
- Develops and implements templates and standards for project deliverables and work products.
- Documents meeting minutes and decisions, and tracks and manages project issues.
- Creates and presents status reports and executive dashboards on project progress and issues.
- Facilitates impact analyses of current/future technologies on the business unit.
- May contribute and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
- Supports management in data gathering for regulatory and third party reviews.
- Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project issues as necessary.
- Maintains project and/or program website and database, and issue and risk tracking logs.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule
- Perform other duties when assigned
What you’ll do as an Administrative Assistant:
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative and direction, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to attorneys
- Managing daily workflow, and maintaining individual and team calendars, coordinating and setting up meetings, and arranging logistics (conference rooms, audio bridge lines, video conference system).
- Coordinating travel and related activities, including timely preparation and submission of expense reports.
- Creating and implementing filing system to manage document and record storage.
- Handling general team needs, such as ordering and maintaining office supplies, sorting and distributing incoming mail, photocopying and scanning documents, and making catering arrangements as requested.
- Reviewing and processing legal invoices and contracts.
- Assisting with interview scheduling, onboarding and integration of new hires.
- Providing support to attorneys with legal functions
- Assisting with document preparation (preparing memos, agendas, presentations, meeting notes, and letters), editing and distributing documents, and drafting and reviewing agreements.
- Handling incoming and outgoing correspondence and communications.
- Assisting with document requests from internal/external parties and perform document redactions. Provide input and suggestions for process improvements.
- Leading and managing projects, as assigned by attorneys.
- Providing backup for other Admins in various situations.
- Performing duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities and other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2)adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What you'll do as a Credit Manager, Special Assets:
- Ensure stability of ongoing Eagle portfolio, including monitoring existing credit facilities trends as well as for financial and reporting covenant compliance. Anticipate problem loans and work with Credit Administration to take appropriate action. Coordinate credit waivers, amendments, and policy updates with Credit Administration department.
- Oversee risk program, including assisting department management in tracking Eagle program risk and portfolio objectives and activities. Respond to questions on program performance, prepare monthly internal reports and respond to internal inquiries regarding performance and program activities
- Monitor Delinquency/Default of both individual borrowers and of the portfolio as a whole. Manage and monitor reports monthly and track overall levels of delinquency. Provide information on the status of loan payments of current clients monthly, and assist in collection and provide post-loan technical assistance.
- Identify and determine proper course of action for exception situations that arise. Recommend loan modifications, requests for restructures and termed-out lines of credit. Recommend appropriate risk ratings and reserves for restructured loans. Negotiate mutually acceptable loan restructures between client and bank. Work with Loan Monitoring Group to establish financial reporting monitoring practices and procedures.
- Complete daily monitoring of loan Delinquency Reports, monthly covenant /agreement exceptions reports, identify and provide status updates for high risk credits to Credit Administration and Business Banking senior management
- Manage Eagle Lending special asset activities, including Loan workouts, bankruptcy filings. Coordinate interaction with legal counsel regarding documentation and monitoring of legal efforts related to Eagle loans sent to outside counsel for collection. Coordinate recommendations/ acceptances for legal settlements.
- Oversee annual review and loan covenant compliance process: ensure that client compliance with loan covenants is monitored, including an annual covenant compliance review. Manage any changes through loan workouts and other negotiation with clients.
- Perform Duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
What you’ll do as an HR Business Partner:
- Act as a member of First Republic’s HRBP Leadership Team (HRBPLT) and exemplify our HRBP Model, ways of working, and have a deep understanding of our overarching people and culture strategies, objectives and offerings
Act as a member of the assigned business unit’s Leadership Team; having a key “seat at the table,” contributing to business strategy and plans, and coaching and guiding on the strategic direction of people and culture
Where applicable, attract, engage, develop and retain your direct reports; including providing expert guidance and coaching to enable them to best meet their client group needs and excel as an HRBP
People and Culture Strategy:
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the assigned business unit’s annual and long-range business strategies, plans, objectives, and people and culture needs
- Act as a people and culture champion and change agent
- Develop and cultivate relationships and synergies across our HR Centers of Excellence to design, develop, implement, communicate and execute core FRB and customized business unit people and culture strategies and programs
- Communicate needs proactively with our HR Centers of Excellence and business leaders and ensure that leaders and teams in your client groups are aware of our HR strategies and plans early to contribute to the direction of these
- Play a lead role in helping your client groups assimilate, implement and execute key people and culture strategies, practices and programs; including ensuring that appropriate people, communication, education and change management are in place to support people and culture strategy and program delivery
Strategic Business Partnering:
- Continually provide our HR Centers of Excellence with feedback and guidance; provide strategic HR partnering and coordination, and appropriate use of HR operational resources, such as Employee Relations, Benefits, Payroll and HR Administration
- Act as a trusted adviser, coach and consultant to leaders and management in your client groups to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insights and business performance
- Leverage analytics to help your business unit(s) grow, engage, develop and retain talent
- Identify and inform HR Technology & Operations of recurring and/or ad hoc business unit needs for HR analytics, reporting, technology or other HR operational requirements
- With your manager and other HRBP colleagues, determine and deliver a routine and reliable cadence of HR analytics and insights that help your business unit(s) stay ahead of internal/external people and culture trends and dynamics
- Build and cultivate internal and external relationships to bring value-added insights and services to business leaders, teams and First Republic overall
Talent, Engagement and Inclusion:
- Lead workforce planning for your assigned business unit(s) to create a robust, specific and scalable approach to growing our people and our business
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition & Development, Total Rewards and business leaders to advocate the Talent agenda; help First Republic remain at a competitive edge; build and promote knowledge and networks of talent across your business unit(s) and more broadly
- Lead or co-lead Talent Management and Succession Planning in your business unit(s); help us ensure a strong pipeline of talent and to address any talent gaps in a timely manner
- Proactively partner with your manager, other HRBP colleagues, and our HR Centers of Excellence to identify, define and lead initiatives that reinforce and strengthen our values and culture, and our ability to attract, engage, develop and retain diverse top talent
What you’ll do as a Senior Credit Analyst:
Underwriting and Analysis: Underwrite and author credit narratives in support of new loans for the Aviation and Marine Lending Team along with other sectors, such as professional services and real estate. Experience in these industries is preferred, but not required. This responsibility requires the following skills: (i) spreading personal financial statements and tax returns for individual guarantors, developing guarantor global cash flow analysis and evaluating a guarantor’s ability to service debt; (ii) performing collateral analysis (iii) understanding cash flow from operations, which includes identifying recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow (iv) spreading business financial statements and tax returns using Moody’s software, for non-aviation and marine clients where applicable; (v) analyzing multi-year trends and developing ratios from financial information for non-aviation and marine clients where applicable,; (vi) researching industry trends and risks for non-aviation and marine clients where applicable; (vii) reviewing the collateral values for aircraft with the aircraft appraiser and by reviewing AMSTAT, Vref, and Aircraft Blue Book and by working with the marine surveyors (viii) running credit reports on individual guarantors; ((ix) obtaining the Lexis Nexis and Bridger insight reports; entering data in the KYC/Flight Path system; and working with the EDD team to resolve issues related to uniquely structure transactions; and (x) assisting the sales team members in presenting to Executive Loan Committee for loan approvals; and (xi) ensure that all items have been uploaded to Onbase
Loan Closing: Work closely with Business Bankers, Commercial Loan Operations, Outside Counsel and the clients and their counsel to document and close loans thoroughly and swiftly. This process includes: (i) reviewing formation documents to determine the corporate organizational structure and who is authorized to sign on behalf of the client; (ii) obtaining FAA and International Registry searches with the help of outside counsel on aviation transactions; (iii) obtaining registry searches through the US Coast Guard and foreign registries with the help of outside counsel; (iii) obtain UCC searches (iv) with the help of outside counsel, ensure the lien releases will be held in escrow; (iv) work with FAA Title and Escrow to ensure that new aircraft purchases are coordinated with all parties involved – buyer, seller, brokers, their counsel, and the aircraft management team - due to the tight time frames (v) request loan documents from outside counsel and review with the help of the Loan Administrator for consistency with all credit approvals; (vi) prepare SuperTrump amortization schedule and forward to counsel and the client (vii) resolve all prefunding requirements to close as detailed in the narrative addendum (such as obtaining insurance, consistency letters; lien releases to be held in escrow; confirming wire information; and funding of new DDA accounts, etc.); (viii) ensure that signature pages are obtained by client and FRB and forwarded to the appropriate counsel (ix) follow on post-closing items (such as assignment of aircraft management contracts; opinions of counsel; leases; mortgages; and aircraft maintenance contracts) by working with the respective third parties’ contracts departments and the client and upload entire assignment and contract to Onbase upon receipt (x) ensuring loan terms have been detailed accurately on the Bank’s loan system, post-closing; (xi) work with Payoff to obtain any payoffs and ensure that liens are released and forwarded to the client; (xii) ensure that all items have been uploaded to Onbase; and (xiii) forward copies of executed documents to the clients and their counsel
Portfolio Management: Create, maintain, and monitor all loan and credit files at the highest quality. With the oversight of the Senior Industry Analyst, this process involves: (i) updating the master loan spreadsheet as transactions close for the client contact; timing of appraisals and reappraisal rights/excess use, registration expiration, insurance, and annual term loan reviews as transactions are closed or paid off in full; (ii) monitoring existing credit facilities for financial and reporting covenant compliance on a weekly basis; (iii) reviewing the covenant compliance log to ensure updated financial information and covenant compliance and communicating with clients to receive required reporting information on a monthly basis at a minimum; (iv) collecting the insurance policies for all collateral prior to their expiration (vi) obtaining the Asset Data Collection Sheets and forwarding to the Aircraft Appraiser so that he may prepare the annual appraisals on the collateral (vii) detecting early warning signs that could lead to a potential default and work with the Business Banker and the Executive Loan Committee when defaults /similar issues are found (vii) monitoring underperforming loans; (ix) evaluating proper loan risk ratings by preparing the annual term loan reviews; and (x) corresponding with the Managing Director, Executive Loan Committee, Loan Monitoring Group, Legal, and Credit Administration on waivers, amendments, renewals, reviews and modifications; and (xi) ensure that all items have been uploaded to Onbase
Client Service: Assist the Business Banker on all levels of the business banking relationship to ensure the client receives exceptional service. This process includes: (i) receiving and funding loan advances and payments; (ii) collecting loan and legal fees; (iii) calling on delinquencies; (iv) assisting clients with various loan and deposit related inquiries; (v) remedying or submitting client requests to the proper departments and following up to ensure timely execution; and (vi) identifying cross-sell opportunities.
- Work with the Sales team and Senior Industry Analyst on industry projects, such as updating the Collateral Values spreadsheet for the entire aircraft portfolio using Aircraft Bluebook, Vref and AMSTAT
- Be or become proficient in Microsoft Office, Bisys, AFS Level III, and Moody’s.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
An encouraging culture that invests in you.
The Executive Recruiter will be responsible for executing high profile and executive level searches from kick-off to completion. You will have full ownership of search execution including sourcing, assessing and recruiting top talent to First Republic. Specifically, you will be responsible for client engagement and relationship management, search strategy and execution, candidate pipelining and offer negotiations and reference checking.
What you’ll do as an Corporate Recruiter:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal client groups, stakeholders, candidates and external agency partners while serving as a spokesperson and advocate for First Republic Bank.
- Actively participate in executive search meetings and discussions with C-Suite Executives. Provide market insights.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with hiring managers to: assess recruiting needs, understand job requirements, and develop job descriptions for each position; and tailor/refine recruitment process as-needed.
- Market Research and Mapping. Surface candidates and develop networks of people and processes to support a strong pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Conduct initial screen with networking prospects, referrals, applications, and passive candidates. Build pipelines of qualified, high-caliber candidates using creative and effective sourcing strategies.
- Engage, contact, and manage candidate experience throughout recruitment process.
- Contribute to projects on an ad hoc basis.
See service from a higher perspective.
The primary function of the Client Service Specialist is to provide a wide range of sales, service, administrative and relationship management support to assigned Relationship Managers. Acting as the liaison between the clients, Relationship Managers and the Operations team this position requires strong relationship management skills in order to build strong, successful partnerships between all parties. Client Service Specialist will support high producing Originator(s) in the preparation, review and processing of complex loans. This position also involves submitting files, requesting loan conditions, as well as communicating with clients and realtors. Handles customer inquiries, researches, and ensures appropriate and timely resolution while meeting all regulatory compliance and achieving a high level of customer service.
- Provides support to our Relationship Managers as well as building a relationship with the borrower.
- Communicates with Relationship Managers on pipeline reports to ensure timely preparation of the loan process.
- Assists with collection of application items, including ordering credit, entering the application, requesting financials and/or other documents required for loan approval, customer follow up, and application tracking.
- Directs customers through the loan process, often working with complex loans.
- Monitors loans and ensures that information including, financials, guarantor information, tax returns, etc. are obtained. Partners with Relationship Manager to discuss past due items. Contacts clients to request missing items.
- Leads a variety of customer services activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies, and resolving issues.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory process statutes, such as Patriot's Act, Reg B, HMDA, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of banking/Lending products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served.
- Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for processing team.
- Assists in training of new lending assistant staff and mentoring of existing lending assistant staff. Acts as a main point of contact on daily operational questions for lending assistant team.
- Assists with additional duties as assigned.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- Experience with many types of client tax returns, understanding W-2, K-1 and various types of cash flow analysis.
- Review received documentation within 24 hours for discrepancies, omissions, asset and income verification and updates based on verified information
- Attend any and all branch/team meetings as requested.
- Provide sales and service support (i.e., create, review and distribute various client reports and presentations or assist with client events); may be for current clients or prospects.
- Research and respond to client inquiries and/or problems of high net worth clients, including account change requests; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist with phone calls to prospects and clients, schedule all client-related appointments, and coordinate client mailings/invitations to company events
- Provide general administrative support such as managing logistics and refreshments for meetings, answering incoming telephone calls, managing incoming emails/faxes, filing, submitting business expense requests, schedule appointments and distributing mail.