First Republic Bank specializes in private banking and real estate lending, and First Republic affiliates offer wealth management services, with growing operations in California and New York. We offer excellent compensation and benefits. First Republic Bank and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
E-Verify Participation Poster
Right to Work Poster
Search results were sorted by State in ascending order
See service from a higher perspective.
As the Preferred Banking Client Services Manager, you will manage and monitor the workflow of walk-in clients and lobby traffic and provide prompt, accurate and courteous responses to internal and external Preferred Banking client inquiries. You will ensure clients’ needs are met by proactively asking questions to understand their full banking needs and interacting with various banking departments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate versatility within the client services role and be able to identify valuable First Republic Bank clients, their banking patterns and the principals on the accounts.
What you’ll do as a Preferred Banking Client Services Banker:
- Manage daily workflow and mailbox flow by delegating specific tasks to supervisors, assistant managers and CSAs depending on their knowledge, expertise and ability, while minimizing risk to the bank and client.
- Supervise the client-facing CSA and provide ongoing support with daily transactions, while proactively engaging in problem-solving as needed.
- Manage and monitor the workflow of wire transfers, including approving and releasing outgoing wires; following up on wire tracers and cancellations; and researching and resolving issues with rejected wires due to NSF, invalid account numbers or missing/incomplete information; escalate when necessary.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure all departmental functions are completed, including approving transactions that are over the CSA limits, answering phones promptly and ensuring CSAs are providing client-oriented customer care for quality and training purposes.
- Approve monthly/quarterly branch certifications and monitor department time and duties.
- Seek and share knowledge in all areas of client services and the CSA job functions; provide cross training and staff development to ensure staff understands bank processes and procedures.
- Step into any role within the PBCS department when needed, including that of Documentation Compliance when necessary.
- Adhere to the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Identify and report suspicious activity to the Anti-Money Laundering Officer.
- Know and verify the identity of any client who enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A minimum of five years of banking experience and knowledge of client services operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Total Plus, BISYS, OnBase and other bank software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work effectively with team members of all levels to maximize the customer experience and to resolve client needs
- The ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts as needed
- An orientation toward being a team player and providing extraordinary service while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
The QA Specialist position is responsible for all first-level review of new accounts and account changes which involves reviewing documentation, all applicable Bank systems and KYC to ensure all accounts are in line with policy and Bank procedures. Additional responsibilities include properly maintaining findings within the QA workflow application for assigned accounts. A proficient understanding of deposit documentation requirements, KYC and business structures are preferred for this position.
What you’ll be doing as a Deposits QA Specialist:
- Review new accounts as well as change requests as assigned by the Assistant Manager and update the respective account reviews with exceptions as applicable. Properly communicate all outstanding issues with Bankers.
- Review KYC for completeness and quality of content. Identify and escalate any issues or hard stops to QA Management to ensure proper protocol is followed in a timely manner.
- Review and clear pending exceptions in a timely manner. Work with Assistant Manager, when necessary, to resolve any outstanding items.
- Answer questions raised by Bankers regarding Deposit Procedures
- Assist Senior QA Specialists with the analysis of any applicable requests for Management approval.
- Familiarize and review all policy and procedure (P&Ps) updates on Bank policy, internal QA procedures, and BSA/AML KYC policies on Bank intranet as frequently as necessary in order to proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality of reviews.
- Assist with research on various reports and projects as needed.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities, and other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by Management.
- Cross-train with Bankers and Client Services staff to have a well-rounded understanding of the bank’s deposit products and related transactions to provide back-up assistance as needed, including having a clear grasp of BSA/AML/KYC policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight to ensure compliance with BGB and regulatory requirements on (a) Deposit Documentation (New Accounts, Supersedes, and Miscellaneous) (b) Regulatory Documentation (KYC, disclosures, review) (c) Ensure documents imaged are uploaded with quality (d) Identify any rejects/issues with Imaging/FP and escalate to QA Supervisor (e) Other tasks related to account documentation as assigned to support the team.
- Additional responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The successful candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the ability to manage time efficiently, coordinate multiple priorities, successfully resolve complex matters, easily understand processes/workflows, identify risks, and effectively tailor their communication (written/verbal) to their audience in a clear and concise manner. A bachelor's degree in addition to at least 2-4 years’ experience in banking or an equivalent industry is preferred. Complete knowledge of banking platforms used by the bank – OSI/Total Plus, Flightpath, OnBase, Ephesoft Scanning, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, etc.
What skills you will use in this position:
- Critical Thinking
- Team player
- Provides extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs.
What you’ll do as a Client Experience Associate:
- Create a memorable customer service experience for current and potential clients, and provide ongoing support to internal colleagues.
- Answer and direct incoming calls and greet clients/guests
- Assist associates with scheduling conference rooms and bridge-lines.
- Provide reception coverage whenever needed on any client-facing floor.
- Routinely check conference rooms and lobbies throughout the day to ensure environments are tidy and clean for guests.
- Strictly adhere to bank security protocol. Perform opening & closing procedures for the reception area. Perform security watch during business hours for all parties entering the office.
- Assist with small projects/tasks for colleagues.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
Common goals, uncommon potential
A successful candidate will have a minimum of three plus years of experience in the financial industry working with high net worth individuals and families and have an enhanced understanding of industry regulations and compliance issues. Must have a desire and capacity to thrive in a dynamic, constantly changing global market environment. Must be able to exercise discretion and apply independent judgement with respect to matters of significance on a daily basis.
What you’ll do as an Associate Client Service Manager:
- Assist Client Service Manager (CSM) in daily supervision of administrative responsibilities (FL reassignment, timecard approval, access management approval, etc.)
- Work with CSM to handle day-to-day questions and manage the escalation of “sensitive and timely” issues (client complaints, fraud, KYC red flags, etc.)
- Handle remediation projects, track various workflows to ensure the firm is in compliance with internal and regulatory policy (Investment Policy Statements, KYC, AML/BSA, etc.)
- Partner with CSMs in organizing and leading dynamic meetings with the Client Service Team to communicate regular policy and procedure updates as well as facilitate discussion.
- Partner with CSMs to produce and deliver both mid-year and year-end evaluations for the Client Service Team by gathering, synthesizing and recording feedback from a variety of internal partners.
- Assist in building, training, managing and leading Client Service Team to ensure an exceptional client experience is consistently delivered to both internal and external clients. Participate in the development and drive implementation of career development opportunities and plans for Client Service to improve employee satisfaction and quality of work.
- Partner with CSM to identify, escalate and provide solutions to mitigate and manage enterprise risk, improve operating efficiencies, and harmonize workflows and expectations across the firm.
- Work with CSM in the development and drive implementation of department policies and/or procedures to help improve service and overall efficiency.
- Partner with the CSM & Regional CSM as needed to help evolve the Client Service Model to support the growth and evolution of the business
- Assist with the onboarding of new Advisor Teams
- Collaborate and liaise with various teams and bank departments to maximize synergies to allow for a consistent and positive client experience
- Perform duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by the CSM and/or Regional CSM
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.